Clean Dryer Vents to Save Energy says the Wizard of Nashua

Being a homeowner is a lot of responsibility; there is always something that needs attention, including yard maintenance, appliance maintenance, plumbing, electrical and much more! It all can be very overwhelming; some important things are often forgotten.

Homeowners often neglect to properly maintain their clothes dryer vent. We throw in a load of wet laundry, set the dial and take it for granted as it usually gives us the result we are looking for; dry clothes.

Unless you’re one of the unfortunate people who have experienced a dryer fire you probably don’t give it much thought. Do you know that over 15,000 dryer fires are reported every year? Most of these fires are caused by failure to maintain with proper dryer vent cleaning.

Your dryer vent system removes the moisture, heat and lint from your laundry as it dries. If you have a gas dryer, it also removes gas by-products, including carbon monoxide that you don’t want leaking into your home

The lint screen only traps about 60% of the lint removed from tumbling laundry. The other 40% escapes into your dryer vent system where it builds up and restricts air flow. As the lint builds up, heat and moisture cannot escape and clothes take longer to dry.

Sticky, moist lint attracts more lint as it builds up in the dryer vent system. Lint is flammable; a dryer fire will spread very quickly. A professional dryer vent cleaning specialist can inspect your system to be sure it meets today’s safety codes. Not only is dryer vent cleaning essential; proper installation using the right type of venting material is important to ensure safety.

Webb Dickson of Dryer Vent Wizard provides dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent repair, dryer vent installation, dryer vent inspections and all dryer vent services for homes and businesses in New Hampshire, Nashua, Manchester, Concord, Portsmouth, Derry, Bedford, Keene, Milford, Middlesex and Essex County, Massachusetts, Billerica, Burlington, Westford, Concord, Stow, Marlborough, Natick, Hopkinton, Framingham, Gloucester, Middleton, Newburyport, Haverhill, Lawrence, Beverly and neighboring cities and communities.

03060, 03063, 03101, 03103, 03109, 03301, 03801, 03038, 03431, 01821, 01742, 01752, 01760, 01701, 01930, 01950, 01830, 01833, 01841, 01843

Don't Let Your Dryer Start a Fire!